Today, most shopping happens online. This true for everything from exotic vacations to grocery shopping. Why should it be any different for home buying? In fact, over 50% of buyers found the home they purchased on the internet. While the value of an experienced real estate agent cannot be overstated, it’s still key to promote your home listing online.
Buyers are searching online for the best home listings in your area, and this is the fastest way to reach those buyers. However, it’s not as simple as uploading your home pictures to random platforms and calling it a day. You need to be strategic with your online listings if you want to find the right buyers.
Best Home Selling Websites
Not all home listing websites are created equal. As always, a qualified real estate agent will be able to help you choose the best websites in your area. You’ll find that some communities are more active than others, so don’t put all of your eggs in one basket. Space out your listings across platforms to get the most attention. Here are the most well-known home selling websites:
- Zillow – The largest real estate marketplace is Zillow, a Seattle-based company founded in 2006. On Zillow, you can learn more about different neighborhoods as well as get trusted home cost estimates. It’s an easy to use mobile and web-based platform that’s the go-to of many home buyers.
- Trulia – An alternative to Zillow is Trulia, a website that connects home buyers with the best properties in their area. Once again, there are many great resources here about the home buying process as well as neighborhood characteristics.
- Redfin – Redfin isn’t about finding the right buyer. Rather, it’s about finding the right agent. With experienced agents in your area on Redfin, you’ll be able to find the right expert for your home and location.
- Homes – Homes.com has over 3 million home listings and it’s a popular choice for prospective buyers. You can also find a qualified real estate agent through Homes.com.
- Facebook – Finally, believe it or not, Facebook is a great place for listing your home online. There are many community buying/selling groups where you can easily and quickly reach buyers in your specific neighborhood who are ready to make a purchase. You can list your open house dates, photos, and contact info without working through a complicated listing platform. Your agent likely has their own page already for listings.
Tips for Selling Your Home Online
Now that you know the best websites for selling your house, let’s talk about the best practices. As we said before, you’ll quickly realize there’s a science to making your home stand out online. Thousands of homes are added to these websites every day. If you’re not careful, you’ll get lost in the crowd.
First, take great photos. This doesn’t mean you need to hire a professional photographer, but you should make sure your photos are clear and showcase the house as it’s best. That means decluttering your home, painting walls a neutral color, and paying attention to lighting.
Next, add your home to the most popular portals in your area. Not all websites will be popular in your neighborhood, so find out which ones are the most active and target those first. Your agent can also help guide your promotional activities, including social media listings.
Finally, share information about your neighborhood. One easy way to stand out amongst the sea of online listings is to help your potential buyer feel at home in the space. Share your favorite parts of the community like local restaurants, activities, and more. You’re not only selling the home, but you’re also selling the area.
Are you ready to sell your home online? These tips above will make the process a breeze. More buyers than ever are going online to find their dream home. If you’re not online, you’re missing the chance to be seen by thousands of online users. The right sale is only a few clicks away!